Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Let's talk about good cause


With so many issues in our difficult world, it is crucial to keep you mind clear and stay positive. But it is also important to give back. Even a little help can make an impact.
I've always loved animals and when I was little girl, I was constantly reading encyclopedias, learning about different mammals, birds and fishes in our world. And now, seeing them disappearing from our planet through the human's fault, breaking my heart.
Recently I was thinking to adopt an endangered animal, an elephant, for example. Not only is this awesome, but it also will help to to take care of those amazing creatures and keeping them from extinction. There are many options to adopt different species, you can check the list and information here.

Although endangered species adoption may not be affordable for everyone, there are more ways to help our furry friends. For example, through animals shelters. There is a shelter not far from my place, in Kiev region, called "Sirius". More than 2000 homeless animals leave there and they definitely need a new loving family and cozy home. I really can not understand how someone can leave poor pet on the street just because they "can't handle the training and raising" or "got bored of their pet". And I will not even start about the violence that happening far too often with many animals. This is an ugly truth and we need to face it and make an effort to give help and care to those who need it.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I'm sure, you already know this quote from "The Little Prince", but it is so true. We all need to remember that. And when me and Michael got our chocolate Labrador puppy 4 years ago (who is on the photo above), we knew that we should make him always feel good and happy, no matter what.

If you would like to help a good cause, you should also check the Eventbrite website. They have a useful tool for fundraising and organizing nonprofit events.

Let me know in the comment section below what causes are important to you and whether you were involved in one of them. I'm curious to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...